TGIF, but as usual, tomorrow I still have to work. Last time, I will always feel demotivated because when everybody is enjoying their Friday and I will still need to wait for 1 more day to enjoy. So instead of TGIF mine is always TGIS. However now, after staying connected with my essential oil, I notice that my mood has change.
Happiness scent changes your mood. I have mixed doTERRA essential oil Lemon & Citrus Bliss and it smells good. Brings up my Friday!!!
There other Aromatherapy scents that able to enhance your mood .
- Lavender essential oil – for calming, balancing, sedative, promotes a sense of well being.
- Chamomile essential oil – for calming nerves, relaxing, soothes emotions, eases frustrations.
- Orange Essential oil – for uplifting to mind and body, calming, fosters creativity, supports a positive mood.
- Bergamot Essential oil – for refreshing, uplifting, many help with anxiety, depression, stress or tension.
- Peppermint Essential oil – for invigorating to mind, body and soul, improves attitude, increases alertness, improves concentration.
- Frankincense Essential oil – for eases irritability, balances emotions, creates inner peace.
- Lemon Essential oil – for invigorating, enhances mood, warming, promotes energy & alertness.
- Ylang Ylang Essential oil – for calming and relaxing, sedative, may help alleviate anger.
- Vetiver Essential oil – for calming, grounding, balancing, helps with stress and anxiety.
- Clary Sage Essential oil – to helps emotional stress, soothing, warming, feeling of self-confidence.
- Grapefruit Essential oil – to Uplift, relief from mental fatigue, enhances mood, invigorating.
Still learning how to use these oils. Will like to explore more on essential oil..
Happy Friday all~~~
17 days in the year 2018 has gone and I have been continuing reviewing myself by note down at my Kittypiggy Colourful Life blog. As I am not an adventurous person, it will end up my life is too simple that people will always tell me that my life is very boring.
So I am trying to make a change. In the year of 2018, I want to be more adventurous and try new things. I never had any interest with anything except watching YouTube, reading a novel, listening to music and most important sleep. In the year of 2018, I have found a new interest which is DIY own healthy products. Firstly, I save a lot of money because healthy products are expensive. With some good brands, it will cost me a boom. Secondly, by doing my own products, I able to control the scent that I prefer. Third, life is short, I am enjoying myself with the DIY products.
A few days ago, my husband has tried up again to DIY own moisturizer. This time around, we put few 5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil and 5 drops of Tea Tree Moisturizer.
Why we use Lavender and Tea Tree?
First of all, Lavender scent able to make you more relaxing and calm. Not only that, it can be used for healing purpose too. There are few benefits of Lavender essential oil as explain in Alternative Day website.
- For acne
- Lavender oil able to penetrate pores to kill bacteria.
- For skin lightening
- Lavender oil is anti-inflammatory. It helps to reduce redness of the skin and help to restore bright and natural skin tone. When is been used regularly, it may help to reduce dark age spot and other skin discolouration.
- For anti-wrinkle
- Due to Lavender oil is rich in antioxidants, it will be able to protect your skin from damaging free radicals which contributed to your fine lines and wrinkles.
- For eczema and psoriasis
- Lavender oil may help to reduce the itch and irritation caused by psoriasis and it may help with eczema outbreaks.
- For sunburn
- Lavender oil may help to relieve the burning and swelling.
- For skin fungus
- Lavender oil able to kill fungus infection and irritation on the skin.
As for Tea Tree essential oil, we added it in because it has similar benefit as Lavender. So by adding in into our DIY moisturizer, we have a wonderful scent with double benefits from these 2 oils. The moisturizer can be used as a balm ointment as well. I bring the moisturizer around now. Safe me a lot of money on buying expensive hand cream with limited benefit.
I am learning to love myself now. Life is full of colourful scene, be more positive and be happy.
I start practising my Love Rules resolutions. Yesterday night myself and my husband try out something interesting. Remember I was telling you we are planning to have our small business? It will be related to Essential Oil.
Yup, I just started using doTERRA essential oil a few months back and I start to fall in love with essential oil. The best part of it is I can use it without worrying that it will be harmful to my family as this oil is natural where you can be used aromatically, topically and the best part is you can even drink or add into our cooking.
Yesterday we tried to make our own moisturizer using lavender essential oil. We got the ingredients from doTERRA blog. Very easy and very convenient. The ingredients that you need are:
⅓ cup aloe vera gel (do not use juice or aloe from a plant as the cream won’t whip properly)
2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
2 tablespoons jojoba oil
½ tablespoon beeswax
10 drops Lavender oil
- In a medium saucepan, gently heat the almond and jojoba oils with the beeswax.
- Once melted, transfer your mixture to a deep mixing bowl. Leave to cool for an hour or until the mixture reaches room temperature.
- Slowly add the aloe vera gel and Lavender oil as you blend the mixture with a hand blender.
- Continue adding aloe until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight container and apply to skin liberally.
The below is the final outcome before we mix the essential oil and aloe vera. Forgive us for the colour of the image because we did it at night and the lighting is warm white at our home =)
Somebody is enjoying mixing the Lavender oil and Aloe Vero into the moisturizer.
I normally use doTERRA Fractionated Coconut oil and 2 drops of Lavender oil on my dry skin. Sometimes I find it quite troublesome when travelling because bringing the Fractionated Coconut oil around. Moreover, I am worried that the coconut oil will spill and leave a stain on my bags which it already happens on my Longchamp =(
With this, DIY moisturizer, Is so easy and handy now because I fill them in a 15ml size bottle which is my previous eye cream bottle and I do not have to worried about coconut oil spilt in my bag now. Yea…..
We have opened a Facebook page name “doTERRA Wellness Natural Essential Oil” just to share the products we are selling and also information that we collected. Do like our page for more information.
I am new in essential oil and I am also learning how to use essential oil. Not only for myself but also to help people who needed. So, I have been attending courses and also doing a lot of research about essential usage.
I have been consuming Lemon essential oil in my drinks. Earlier days, I was using Tupperware plastic bottle. Then I saw this article from Glasstic Water Bottle that undiluted essential oils can eat through plastic and even diluted oils will degrade plastics over time.
So recently BROS has launched their new products which are BROS VASO. This bottle is glass bottle with varieties design and sizes. You can find it at One Utama Parkson and they are having a promotion with 10% discount. The 400ml cost RM43.90 and the 550ml cost RM45.90. The 630ml, I did not see the price because I was rushing off. If purchase 2 bottles, you will get a free pouch for the bottle. If not, you also can purchase the pouch with the cost of RM15.90 for the small pouch and RM17.90 for the big pouch. There isn’t any discount for the pouch.
I bought the 400ml with fairy tale design because the 550ml is a bit bulky for me and if I am travelling around, it will be good if I can bring along with my essential oil drinks. So I start my Wednesday morning with healthy orange juice with my doTERRA lemon in my juice.
Have a great day..
As an when your age grows older, you no longer pursue materialistic goals. Instead, you seek for a healthy lifestyle. A lifestyle where you want a Happy Family, a happy partner, a Happy Day.
I heard about essential oil but I did not really get involved with it till my cousin was telling me about it and my colleague was telling me how powerful this oil is. There is where I start doing research and study more about this special oil. I always have a perception that all this kind of aromatic oil will cause cancer in long-term usage because the smell contains chemical ingredients.
After studying about essential oil and my colleague provided me with a few sample, there is where I understand that essential oil is harmless if we have chosen a pure essential oil. I used to have a bottle of essential oil where I got it from Muji. There is no guarantee from Muji that is pure essential oil but it stated “blend essential oil” so I only used it once a while for fragrance purpose.
So I decided to give a try when I attended their 2017 Post Convention Tour – Malaysia. They have this promotion where you will get a free umbrella when purchasing their enrollment set. So my fiance told me to get the Home Essential Kit + Fractionated Coconut Oil and the whole set cost about RM1,345.00 with 260PV. I still studying about this PV concept. Trying to understand how it works because it seems that the more PV you have, you can redeem with other essential oil.
I love the lapel pin which is a door gift during the 2017 Post Convention Tour – Malaysia. I still thinking where can I pin this. =)
I have been using the oil for about a week and still doing research and testing on the oil. So far so good, but new to this so hoping that I will be able to help more people once I master this lovely oil.