17 days in the year 2018 has gone and I have been continuing reviewing myself by note down at my Kittypiggy Colourful Life blog. As I am not an adventurous person, it will end up my life is too simple that people will always tell me that my life is very boring.
So I am trying to make a change. In the year of 2018, I want to be more adventurous and try new things. I never had any interest with anything except watching YouTube, reading a novel, listening to music and most important sleep. In the year of 2018, I have found a new interest which is DIY own healthy products. Firstly, I save a lot of money because healthy products are expensive. With some good brands, it will cost me a boom. Secondly, by doing my own products, I able to control the scent that I prefer. Third, life is short, I am enjoying myself with the DIY products.
A few days ago, my husband has tried up again to DIY own moisturizer. This time around, we put few 5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil and 5 drops of Tea Tree Moisturizer.
Why we use Lavender and Tea Tree?
First of all, Lavender scent able to make you more relaxing and calm. Not only that, it can be used for healing purpose too. There are few benefits of Lavender essential oil as explain in Alternative Day website.
- For acne
- Lavender oil able to penetrate pores to kill bacteria.
- For skin lightening
- Lavender oil is anti-inflammatory. It helps to reduce redness of the skin and help to restore bright and natural skin tone. When is been used regularly, it may help to reduce dark age spot and other skin discolouration.
- For anti-wrinkle
- Due to Lavender oil is rich in antioxidants, it will be able to protect your skin from damaging free radicals which contributed to your fine lines and wrinkles.
- For eczema and psoriasis
- Lavender oil may help to reduce the itch and irritation caused by psoriasis and it may help with eczema outbreaks.
- For sunburn
- Lavender oil may help to relieve the burning and swelling.
- For skin fungus
- Lavender oil able to kill fungus infection and irritation on the skin.
As for Tea Tree essential oil, we added it in because it has similar benefit as Lavender. So by adding in into our DIY moisturizer, we have a wonderful scent with double benefits from these 2 oils. The moisturizer can be used as a balm ointment as well. I bring the moisturizer around now. Safe me a lot of money on buying expensive hand cream with limited benefit.
I am learning to love myself now. Life is full of colourful scene, be more positive and be happy.