The 1st week of January 2018 has ended and today start the second week of the January. On Saturday the whole day, I was having company conference event to kick-start the year 2018. This year, our company will be focusing more on innovation and customer relationship. Is a full day conference from 8.00am to 8.00pm. Too many information flowing and I am trying to absorb all. After the 4th speaker, I started to lost concentration and there is where my old habit, taking photos. Took a picture of my Benjamin and Microsoft Cloud plushie. This is to avoid I fall asleep. Just wanted to share the image because is cute =)
In the year 2018, I will want to focus more on healthy living and healthy relationship. Today, I was reading an article from Health & Nutrition magazine, January 2018. They are discussing Love Rules Resolutions as listed below. I take this chance to review the Love Rules Resolutions for myself.
1. Spend More Time Actually Being Together
-Put all your digital accessories aside and really spend time together, talk to each other and have some little love chat. I think we have not been doing this well as we both are always in our digital life.
2. Be In The Moment
– When we are together, we always got this little problem where we are worried about future. He is planning for his own small business plan and normally there will be a concern about our future planning where it will result in a little de-motivation mood. I will always encourage him not to have negative thought because it will stop him from moving to a bigger plan. I will prefer we enjoy whatever we have at this moment because time flies, we will never go back the same day as today.
3. Kick Off An Aventure, TOGETHER
– This is the resolution that I really wanted to start this year because we both hardly go out together and we hardly sign up for any adventurous activity. The problem with both of us is that we do not like noisy and crowded places. That is why we will always end up staying at home. We really need to start doing something new every month.
4. Turn Arguments Into Conversation Rather Than Competitions
– That is why many couples will end with break-up /divorced if is long term because of Ego, both wanted to be the winner. For this, I think we both are doing well, normally I will try to walk away first when the “pot” is still hot, once the “pot” has cool down, we will discuss the matters that arise that also lead to arguments.
5. Quit The Blame Game
– Yes. I am taking this resolution very seriously now. I have been with my husband for 11 years before I decided to marry him. Of course, along with the journey, I did try to change him and sometimes, I do blame him for not being caring and detail. Now, after I get myself involve with Master Sun, The Superlife Secret Codes, I learn to say the word “I” instead of “You”. I still learning and trying to change my mindset and my approach. Still trying hard and I hope things will change later future.
6. Think Positive
– Every time when things do not go the way I wanted, I will sometimes get frustrated and end up I will be absorbing negative energy. Most of the time it will also be ended up with arguments and we both will asleep in an angry mood. So for this resolution, we are trying very hard now.
7. Make A Compromise
– Compromising! The most challenging resolution for partners because we all wanted things to be in our own way. Again, I still trying very hard. Like what Master Sun always say, before you want your partner to change, we have to look back on ourself first. Change our bad habit first and subsequently your partner will follow to suit you as well.
8. Keep The Third Party Out
– This resolution I think I am doing quite well. Both our parents respect our privacy and they will not interfere in our personal lives. Thanks to our lovely parents, that is why we can be together for 11 years and more years to come.
9. Make Time For Sex
– Alright, this resolution. I can only say, Yes, we will improve it and make time for this. As usual, busy life, with tired work task and end up not in the mood. Sometimes, we do have this problem.
So, out of 9, I think I am only good at resolution 4. The other 8 resolutions, I guess I will still need to improve and adapt the habit into my daily life in order to have a happy relationship with my husband because we still have a long way to go. Maybe I should set a dateline to review myself again =)